Program Funding and Allowable Costs
Each project is eligible for funding of up to $200,000 in direct costs for the entire project period. Research will be funded for a two-year period with the option to extend to a third year upon approval of a no cost extension. Funds will be committed to the project and not to the PI’s laboratory.
Within the $200,000, the program will fund:
- PI salary up to 20% FTE (20% of NIH salary cap per year): protected time for successful applicants to devote to their projects.
- Fees associated with the usage of the following resources and personnel:
- Partners HealthCare Research Patient Data Registry (RPDR)
- Partners HealthCare Biorepository for Medical Discovery (PBMD)
- Crimson Biospecimen Core
- PCPGM Research Facilities, including BioSample Services, DNA Sequencing, Genotyping, and Microarray
- Support in Bioinformatics, Statistics, and Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Some costs are not eligible for support, e.g. travel to professional meetings, equipment, PCs, and laptop computers.